(2 minutes read)
Running the Dodgers 5k became one of our annual traditions since we moved to Los Angeles. On September 30th2018, for the 5th edition, 11,000 runners raced in the iconic Dodger Stadium. The LADF organizes this event offering a 5k & 10k run as well as a kids fun run.
Here is an inside look at the LADF annual runs:
What is LADF?
LADF stand for Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation. This official charity team was created in 1995 to support youth and communities in Los Angeles.
The three pillars of the foundation are:
- Sport and Recreation
- Education and Literacy
- Health and Wellness
3 Reasons to Participate
While running this event, you can make every step count registering as an individual or a group fundraiser. You can earn a prize according to your donation. As an example, you may win a Dodgers T-shirt for $100 fundraising. For $10,000, you may be able to pitch the 1st ball of Dodgers home game 2019 season.
Touch the grass of the iconic stadium
For this annual event, they open the field to runners. This is a chance to get closer to the field than ever! Before or after your race, walk around the field and visualize the cheering crowd during home games. If you are lucky, you will appear on the big screen too.
I really enjoy the ambiance of this run. Specials guests, the Dodgers Alumni step up on the stage before the National Anthem and Dodgers fans get really excited. This event gathers also families, kids, and students. It is a fun, festive and casual run.
Sounds like a must run?
If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment and share with a runner.
Plan your run
- Location: Dodgers Stadium
- Cost (early registration): $45 for the 5k, $50 for the 10 k.
- Parking on site: free during the race.
- All runners received a finisher medal, a Dodgers’18 t-shirt as well as a limited edition 2018 Justin Turner Bobblehead (exclusive this year).
- Dodger team store: 20% off merchandise during packet pick-up or on race day.
- More information available at http://dodgers.race-mlb.com/