1 minute read
Solo exhibition in Los Angeles for artist Thomas Linder with a series of paintings on cowhide.
Here is a look at” Strangers.”
Inspired by neon signs esthetic, the artist combines material and visual. He uses cowhide to paint different images, like a chicken, a fish, or a cowboy. The installation is colorful, and this new visual is engaging.
About the artist
In 2020, L.A.-based artist Thomas Linder started his series of oil on cowhides. His work is inspired by a moment of “Pareidolia.” Pareidolia is the perception of familiar objects or patterns within natural forms. For example, when you see a meaningful image while looking at the clouds. This experience encouraged him to mix materials and images.
Ready to visit this exhibit?
*COVID-19 update as of July 2021*
– Please wear a mask and practice a physical distance of 6 feet between yourself and others
– Please check L.A County’s health and safety protocols before your visit
Plan your visit:
- Exhibit on view from June 26th – August 1st, 2021
- Location: Over the Influence, 833 East 3rd Street, Los Angeles CA 90013
- Hours: 11 am – 6 pm Tuesday-Sunday.
- Admission: Free.
- Duration: I spent 30 minutes discovering it
- Parking: unmetered street parking and paid parking lot
- More information available at http://overtheinfluence.com/exhibitions/?when=current
Article based on my visit in July 2021
If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment and share it with an art lover.