1 minute read
Solo exhibition in Los Angeles for Brooklyn artist Michael Dotson with a serie of photoshop sketches inspired by pop culture.
Here is a look at” Floaters.”
Floaters display some of the 200 sketches created by Michael Dotson. Inspired by pop culture, he combines digital technology and painting.
The artist brings his characters to a new dimension and narrative. There is a colorful optical illusion, like a 3-D animation. Frames in movements. Floaters.
Look closely at the subject. Michael Dotson uses many Disney cartoons characters. Will you recognize them?
About the artist
In 2011, New York-based artist Michael Dotson started his series of photoshop sketches. His work is inspired by his childhood. Indeed, his mother was a toymaker, hence the many references to classic cartoons.
Ready to visit this exhibit?
*COVID-19 update as of July 2021*
– Please wear a mask and practice a physical distance of 6 feet between yourself and others
– Please check L.A County’s health and safety protocols before your visit
Plan your visit:
- Exhibit on view from June 26th – August 1st, 2021
- Location: Over the Influence, 833 East 3rd Street, Los Angeles CA 90013
- Hours: 11 am – 6 pm Tuesday-Sunday.
- Admission: Free.
- Duration: I spent 30 minutes discovering it
- Parking: unmetered street parking and paid parking lots
- More information available at http://overtheinfluence.com/exhibitions/?when=current
Article based on my visit in July 2021
If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment and share it with an art lover.
2 thoughts on “Inside “Michael Dotson – Floaters””
Ce n’est pas ma came, mais il y a du talent et une grosse inspiration, à mon avis, d’un certain Pablo Picasso, en tout cas pour ce qui est des formes. Merci Marie pour cette nouvelle découverte culturelle.
Merci beaucoup pour votre retour!
De mon cote j’ai apprecie l’effet visuel, les couleurs et l’appropriation de certains personnages de l’univers Disney.
A tres bientot