1 minute read
Solo exhibition in Los Angeles for Brooklyn artist Michael Dotson with a serie of photoshop sketches inspired by pop culture.
Here is a look at” Floaters.”
Floaters display some of the 200 sketches created by Michael Dotson. Inspired by pop culture, he combines digital technology and painting.
The artist brings his characters to a new dimension and narrative. There is a colorful optical illusion, like a 3-D animation. Frames in movements. Floaters.
Look closely at the subject. Michael Dotson uses many Disney cartoons characters. Will you recognize them?
About the artist
In 2011, New York-based artist Michael Dotson started his series of photoshop sketches. His work is inspired by his childhood. Indeed, his mother was a toymaker, hence the many references to classic cartoons.
Ready to visit this exhibit?
*COVID-19 update as of July 2021*
– Please wear a mask and practice a physical distance of 6 feet between yourself and others
– Please check L.A County’s health and safety protocols before your visit
Plan your visit:
- Exhibit on view from June 26th – August 1st, 2021
- Location: Over the Influence, 833 East 3rd Street, Los Angeles CA 90013
- Hours: 11 am – 6 pm Tuesday-Sunday.
- Admission: Free.
- Duration: I spent 30 minutes discovering it
- Parking: unmetered street parking and paid parking lots
- More information available at http://overtheinfluence.com/exhibitions/?when=current
Article based on my visit in July 2021
If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment and share it with an art lover.